What are you to do when your daughter loves her Corgi puppy, but her Corgi puppy’s dander does not love you? To improve your Phoenix home’s indoor air quality, you need to remove allergens caused by pets. One benefit of air quality services in Phoenix is the elimination of not only cooking odors and dust, but sources of pet allergy symptoms.
An allergen is something that, for most people, is harmless but triggers immune system reactions in others. Pet allergens cause sniffles, itching, sneezing and watery eyes. According to the delightfully abbreviated American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology (AAAAI), proteins in pet dander are common allergens. Others from your dog or cat:
- Skin flakes
The fur itself (on and off Fido) can collect pollen, mold and other allergens. The AAAAI says no animal is “hypoallergenic.’’ The reaction has nothing to do with fur length or breed.
Countering the Cat
When you contract with an HVAC vendor to tackle pet allergy symptoms you will be offered a variety of methods to attack and eliminate the problem. For example, Day & Night Air can offer the following air quality services in Phoenix:
- Duct Cleaning: Trapped pet dander, dust and mold spores can be removed, giving your whole family (pets included) fresher air to breathe.
- Aeroseal: Sealed ducts prevent pet dander and dust from entering your ductwork while also eliminating wasteful heat and cooling loss; pet dander is captured by air filters.
- Four Inch Filters: Deep media filters capture many times the airborne particles that thin, disposable filters capture; your system must be tuned up and balanced to provide adequate airflow.
- Air Scrubber: A germicidal, ultraviolet light inside your HVAC system cleans, freshens and purifies the air by killing viruses and bacteria in household air as it passes through the system.
- Trane CleanEffects: This permanent, professionally installed air filter removes 99.98 percent of airborne particles — including pet dander, skin cells, saliva droplets and more — and leaves you with cleaner, healthier air.
Day & Night Air
While frequent house vacuuming and pet brushing can reduce some allergy symptoms, the best way to deal with the dog is to have your home’s indoor air quality boosted with safe, low-maintenance solutions from Day & Night Air. Contact us today to learn how we can help you breathe easier, even when your daughter’s Corgi puppy shares some love — and fur — with you.