As much as central air conditioners get a workout in Phoenix, you may be looking at AC replacement this year. You have many fine choices available, and two of the best are the Trane brand and Carrier systems.
Some Assembly Required
No central air conditioner arrives at your home ready to work. Experienced HVAC specialists in Phoenix will bring the basic system to your home and complete the last steps of assembly on-site, adding various features and accessories. This is an important point, because shopping and choosing between Trane or Carrier must include the selection of a local, reliable HVAC contractor to provide the final assembly.
- Optional communication ability so the system can communicate issues to you through your Wi-Fi
- 10-year warranty on parts and the coil and a 12-year limited warranty on the compressor
- Federal Energy Star program certification of up to 22 Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER)
- A compressor sound insulator, making the unit one of the quietest on the market
- Nominal cooling tonnage between two and five tons (with the variable speed capable of mimicking lower tonnage loads to save energy and money)
- An integrated fan system
At Day & Night Air we have installed dozens of Trane units with great customer feedback and ease of servicing.
Carrier’s best model, the Infinity® 21 24ANBI central air conditioner, like the Trane model, has a variable-speed blower to give an “infinite” range of comfort levels at energy-sipping cost. Some of its features:
- Up to 21 SEER cooling efficiency
- Sound levels as low as 65 decibels (comparable to a conversation or laughter)
- A compressor sound blanket
- Innovative filter drier system protection
- Exclusive use of Puron® refrigerant, which does not harm our ozone
- A 10-year parts limited warranty, with the option to purchase a labor warranty
Carrier has a deserved reputation for quality and comfort.
Both top-of-the-line models have some commonalities:
- Two-stage operation
- Full-side louvered panels
- Variable speed blower
- Weather-resistant fasteners on the outside portion
- Federal Energy Star-certification
For honest appraisals of both brands, and to learn how each could be right for your Phoenix-area home, contact us at Day & Night Air. We have the experience, expertise and equipment to provide you with the best choice for your particular needs.